What might you find yourself doing here?
You will be our first data engineer, so there is a lot of green field projects ahead. You will be responsible for architecting and implementing our data warehouse, building ETL processes, and help us build out our data vision.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Expertise in building and maintaining reliable ETL jobs
- Proven ability to work with varied forms of data infrastructure including relational databases (ie SQL), Mapreduce, and column store (ie Redshift)
- Expert knowledge of SQL, Cascading and Redshift a plus.
- Strong CS fundamentals.
- Work closely with data scientists and engineers to design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
- Develop and maintain cross-platform ETL processes
- Optimize table schemas based on usage patterns
- Lead development of architecture and standards for a business metric warehouse
- Work with data scientists to develop a scalable data visualization platform
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
What we are offering:
- Laptop of your choice, and a big monitor
- Stock options in a growth-stage company
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours so you can be at your most productive
- High-energy environment with dedicated “work zones”
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
SpotHero is an on-demand parking app helping drivers find parking and reserve a spot up to 50% off with convenient garages, lots and valets. SpotHero allows you to search and book available parking options in Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, Milwaukee, New York, Denver, Philadelphia, Newark, New Orleans, Minneapolis and Baltimore. By reserving your parking online ahead of time through SpotHero, you know exactly how much you're going to pay, and where you're going to park. You can view parking rates at different parking garages on the map that are near the address you're searching for. Happy Parking!