- 3+ years production experience in data management and ETL processes.
- 3+ years in a production level language (Python, Ruby, Java)
- Strong understanding of data modeling and schema patterns.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience with a columnar datastore, preferably Redshift.
- Ability to adapt with a growing and evolving business.
- Strong problem solving, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage external, customer commitments whilst managing an internal, iterative development process.
- A passion for open, collaborative communication, and a strong desire for maintaining transparency across business units and the team.
- You’re a kind & respectful person, invested in contributing to a wonderful team culture (bullies & big egos strictly not allowed)
- You’re acquainted with distributed teams. You can manage synchronous and async communications between remote and on-site teammates.
- You are occasionally enthusiastic to the point of being profoundly uncool
- You get insanely excited by at least 1 thing that has absolutely nothing to do with computers
What it’s like to be on the team
- We use GitHub for code review, tools to keep entropy at bay, and Heroku/AWS to focus on building things
- We are anti-dogmatic: use whatever code editor you like, pair-program when you like
- We try to seek a balance between sticking with what works and continually improving our existing patterns
- We are always learning, always teaching
- We are passionate about writing good code
- We apologize for and learn from our mistakes
- We have worked hard to build a culture of trust, continual improvement, and mutual support
Position is full-time with competitive salary, stock options and great benefits. Benefits include: 401k, iPhone + cell plan, Macbook Air + Thunderbolt monitor, medical + dental + vision insurance, MTA transit credit and 50% discounted gym membership (in NYC).
About General Assembly
At General Assembly, we are creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century – from web development and user experience design, to business fundamentals, to data science, to product management and digital marketing. Established in early 2011 as an innovative community in New York City for entrepreneurs and startup companies, General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at fourteen campuses across four continents.