Working in engineering operations, the data engineer will take ownership of Peloton’s existing data pipelines to improve them, scale them, and build new pipelines.
A typical day might include:
- DBA-related tasks, including transforming data and coding to move data from one place to another.
- Building new data pipelines (writing programs, configuring, setting up tools, layers, and other software)
- Moving third-party event data into our redshift database in real time.
- Ensuring Peloton’s data pipelines are highly available and in good health.
Qualified candidates will have:
- High proficiency with SQL and document/NOSQL data stores
- Have a passion for data, and an understanding of how to work with large data sets
- Proficiency with ETL development and tools
- Experience accessing data via RESTful APIs
- Experience working with data from SaaS, Web and/or Mobile products
- Experience with Business Intelligence and reporting tools
About Peloton Cycle
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.