Your daily role will involve interacting with customers to troubleshoot their problems and provide solutions. You will work on and with several Univa products using a wide variety of technologies.
Your solutions will be provided to customers in the form of workarounds, defect repairs in the form of hotfixes, patches, maintenance releases (service packs), and new product releases.
Univa is a fast growing software technology company based in Illinois with offices in Germany and Canada. The company has cultivated a fast-paced and challenging atmosphere that is truly rewarding.
If you’re looking for a place where you will be surrounded with experienced, forward-looking technologists and a proven leadership team, your search is over. Send us a resume and let’s start talking!
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 1 to 5 years of experience as a support engineer or developer.
- Languages: C, C++, Python or Perl
- Shells: Bash (Bourne) or other Unix Shell
- Experience configuring and administering networking on Linux including DNS and NIS (or something similar)
- Demonstrated experience delivering quality support on time
- Strong analytical and root cause analysis skills
- Strong team player who is willing to learn and understand the needs of the business and how you and your skills will help achieve company objectives
- Experience with Redhat Linux and derivatives or other Linux such as Ubuntu Server and SuSE Enterprise Linux
- Experience using common development and customer service tools such as CRMs, source control repositories (cvs, svn, git), bug tracking tools (JIRA) and Support ticket software (Zendesk or other)
- Some experience with databases such as Oracle BerkeleyDB, Postgres, MySQL
- Ability to ramp up quickly and great team skills
SKILLS THAT WOULD BE A BIG PLUS
- Administration of multiple Linux machines in an organization
- Experience with Distributed Batch systems such as Grid Engine or LSF
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Experience supporting enterprise software products to Global 1000 companies
- Multiple UNIX operating system experience including Linux (RedHat, SuSE, Fedora, and others) and Solaris. AIX, HP-UX and other UNIX vendors
- Web services and PHP programming experience
- Virtualization software such as VMWare, VirtualBox or Xen
- Cloud service providers such as Amazon EC2, Google, Azure, Penguin POD, Rightscale and Rackspace
- Modern web-scale infrastructure technologies such as Apache Mesos, Hadoop, Spark, Chronos, Marathon, Aurora or similar tools
- Container technologies such as Docker and Rocket
- Experience using Vagrant, CoreOS, Kubernetes
Univa is one of the fastest growing software technology companies based in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, USA, with offices in Markham, ON, Canada, and Munich and Regensburg, Germany. We have recently been awarded in 2013 by HPCWire for "Top 5 Vendors to Watch." The company has cultivated a fast-paced and challenging atmosphere that is truly rewarding.Our software is the backbone of innovations that touch the daily lives of everyone such as engineering design simulations for smart phones, predictions for the earth's climate, aerodynamic simulations for Formula 1 race cars, visual effects for movies and new breakthroughs in drug discoveries.