At ReadCube – Customer Experience Specialists play a key role in our success as a company. As the first point of contact, a perfect candidate must aspire to be a fantastic advocate for our users, delivering superior service and helping design the best support policies and processes possible.
A strong work ethic, communication skills, technical savvy and high levels of empathy are paramount to this position. We’re a rapidly-growing venture-backed start-up, so your job will be fast-paced and constantly evolving. We want someone who is ready to take on a variety of responsibilities while simultaneously executing at a high level on tough service issues.
- Want to join a fast-paced start-up company and feel the rush of making the difference in the world.
- Have a talent for explanation, and can convey ideas in concise ways that are immediately understandable by others.
- Love PC and Mac users equally and are willing to help them circumnavigate any technical issues they encounter.
- Have smarts, drive, and a love of efficiency.
- Have a great attention to detail and are very organized and self-motivated.
- Are capable of keeping track of many different threads at the same time and create priorities.
- Relate well to people, and believe that compassion and trust build good customer relationships.
- Are not easily frustrated and are a strong problem solver.
- Pick up new skills quickly and tend to find ways to improve on existing processes.
- Ideally have previous experience with customer support and technical troubleshooting.
- Keen to learn new skills and have big ideas
On the job, you will:
- Be the resident expert for all the ReadCube products inside and out.
- Respond to, troubleshoot and solve support inquiries via email, online helpdesk and social media.
- Become a detective when investigating user issues – you’ll need equal parts tech savvy, creativity, and patience.
- Be proactive in offering thoughtful, strategic insight regarding customer needs to our product, marketing and technology teams. You are the closest person to the users, so you are their voice!
- Continue to build ReadCube’s knowledgebase of online tutorials and FAQs.
- Hold online demos and webinars
- Communicate with the development team to report bugs and help test new features before launch – we iterate a lot!
- Most importantly, be ready to leave ReadCube users stunned by the quality of our support!
- Have an awesome product. ReadCube started as a research management tool for scientific and academic literature, and has grown to become (what we think is) the world’s best platform for discovering and consuming research.
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing – continually iterating, aiming higher and challenging ourselves to make ReadCube better each and every day.
- Have a blast at work – collaboratively tackle anything getting in our way, enjoy random acts of team-wide fun, awesome coworkers and an impressive array of in-office snacks
- Are funded and backed by an industry leader.
- 1 year in software customer service
If you don’t have formal experience – but think you’d be a perfect fit for this role – tell us why in your cover letter!
ReadCube is a free, cross-platform reference manager designed to make your research literature more organized, help you read more effectively, and allow you find new research faster.