- Are you familiar with the latest and greatest web technologies for desktop and mobile?
- Can you write secure server-side and client-side code?
- Can you translate multiple layers of nested JSON between different server-side languages?
- Do you live and breathe RESTful apis?
- Do you want to do something entirely new with NoSQL, realtime messaging queues, and amazon web services?
- Do you have strict adherence to the 80-20 rule?
Intimately familiarity with:
- NoSQL database (Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis)
- RESTful APIs (writing and using)
- Industry standard security practices (https, familiarity with encryption/hashing algorithms)
- JSONFile IO, programmatic file creation
- Bootstrap CSS or other responsive design
- Amazon Web Services (s3, ses, ec2 etc…)
- Github / collaborative source control
- Real time messaging/queue frameworks, including PubNub, IronMQ, Push Notifications (GCM or APNS), Rabbit MQ etc…
- HTML templating libraries
Demonstrable experience with:
- Working with a startup
- Working with RESTful APIs (implementing and using)
- Basic visual design/UX common practices (i.e., knows that css marquee is a no-no).
- Dedication to quality work
- Some sample of work completed completely independently
- Make the same website run on Chrome 33 and I.E. 9
- Fill in design/UX gaps by extrapolating best practices from around the web
- Follow a release schedule
- Use a new language as you learn it
- Never lose site of the application’s real life context during development cycles.
A person who is:
- A team player
- Eager to ask questions and get clarifications
- Striving for perfection
- Flexibly independent (but still a team player)
- Passionate about their work
- A star communicator
- Well organized (Trello, Github, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Google Hangout/GoToMeeting/Skype)
- Eager to break new ground in development
- Able to work in a fast-paced and quickly shifting environment
- Creative and innovative
- Not afraid to dive head first into new technologies or mix technologies
- Ready and eager to both follow directions and pioneer new technology depending on the setting
If this is you in a nutshell, please send your resume to email@example.com.
CrowdComfort offers building owners, operators, and occupants a new and powerful way to share information about comfort, maintenance, and safety issues with an easy to use smart device application. CrowdComfort utilizes a GPS-based mobile application that allows building occupants and employees to report comfort levels, maintenance issues, and inspection data from anywhere in real time. By crowdsourcing feedback, we are able to convert building occupants into a Human Sensor Network (HSN) that can be leveraged to lower energy consumption, improve comfort, save money, and optimize workflow.