Meet cove, a network of neighborhood productive spaces with a community defining how to be productive. Members of the cove community come from different backgrounds and work environments. We know all too well about trying to work at the kitchen table, getting lost in a row of cubicles, or fighting to find an outlet in the coffee shop. We created cove with a simple objective: building places you want to be. We’ve got all the basics covered—fast wifi, color printers, spiffy conference rooms. Powered by user-friendly technology, cove members can track their usage, make reservations, share interests and skills, and connect with the community. So ditch the busy coffee shop, boring cubicle, and lonely living room, and join us.
We have eight locations in DC and are quickly expanding throughout the entire DC metro area. We’re ready to take the next step by launching in our second city! We need your help to bring cove-style productive to Boston.
Do you thrive at managing multiple projects, people, and processes, as well as attending weekly community events? Are you excited by the prospect of building a business from the ground up before hiring, training, and managing your own team? Then cove needs your support as city manager! This position is a key team member who will join a driven and exciting team of a quickly expanding, awesome startup. At the center of cove is the improvement of the member experience. This is a fast-paced, all-hands-on-deck position and will serve an important role in launching cove in its second city.
The city manager will guide and oversee the general operations of Boston, drive expansion across the city, and report to senior management. This includes managing and growing a team dedicated to creating a fantastic experience for cove members and teammates. This position is responsible for all components of making Boston successful and thriving, including making city decisions for operations and marketing and working closely with the expansion team to source, acquire, and build new locations. The city manager will join a marketing manager and an expansion lead to launch cove in Boston, and will gain hands-on experience managing the day-to-day operations of multiple cove locations before hiring, and training operations leads to take over these responsibilities. It is essential that you can thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining priority over high level projects. Previous experience managing a team is imperative, as well as willingness and interest in data analysis to generate strategic guidance. All team members double as onsite hosts and brand communicators and chip in whenever and wherever an extra set of hands is needed.
This is a full-time position and will require working on nights and weekends. Must be able to execute morning, day, and night! Must be willing to relocate to DC for up to two months of hands-on training (housing provided).
- hire and oversee an awesome and growing Boston team
- support the development of processes and operations alongside senior management and fellow city managers
- directly manage the operations team, marketing manager, and expansion lead
- create, analyze, and present the city budget
- create and oversee department budgets
- aggregate and analyze large amounts of data to inform decisions
- assist with the creation and execution of marketing efforts
- work with expansion team to find and build new locations
- willingness to learn and relearn, then teach
- all things necessary to keep cove running in Boston
- provide the best cove experience imaginable
Required Skills & Expertise:
- 5+ years of experience, with at least 3 years of management experience, or related experience and education
- Bachelor’s degree required
- must have a proven record of analyzing data to guide results
- familiarity with Boston neighborhoods
- direct experience in operations and marketing is a plus
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume. No emails or phone calls, please.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS APRIL 15, 2015.