Are you are a Senior Search Engineer with a heavy background in Java? Do you know? Do you have a strong background in Solr/Lucene/ElasticSearch? If so, this might be the role for you.
Work Market boasts an impressive engineering team backed by successful and reputable investors such as Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital SoftBank Capital, Industry Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. We recently received $20 million in Series C funding that is being reinvested back into hiring.
Work Market is the leading platform for freelance labor. Our freelance management platform is providing the biggest brands in the world and freelancing businesses, with a solution that allows both sides to manage an end-to-end contract engagement at scale. We are right in the middle of a rapidly growing freelance economy that will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
What We Do:
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio.
Our engineers build the tools and workflows that allow our customer to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. We are customer driven, our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for the Work Market platform. We focus on providing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Develop algorithms to help our customers find the right talent.
- Architect solutions for real time indexing, search relevance optimization and search quality.
- Design and deploy high-performance RESTful web services
- Collaborate with other engineers and product/business people to help scale our search engine.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of servers and processes.
- Contribute to design, code, specification and architectural reviews and technical
- A great engineer with 5+ years of Java, Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch
- Expert in search engines, information retrieval and NLP.
- Experience building scalable, high performing distributed systems
- Proficiency in at least one dynamic scripting language
- Team first mentality, ensuring engineering, design and product are always rowing in the same direction.
- Machine Learning
- NoSQL data stores
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure documentation.
Work Market was founded in 2010 with a simple, yet ambitious vision: power the future of work. Since then, we've been on quite the run. We've raised $35 in growth capital, are backed by the world's top venture capitalists and were recently recognized as one of New York City's fastest-growing companies.