Duties & Responsibilities
The successful Controller candidate will manage accounting, reporting, finance, budgeting and modeling functions, including billings, A/R, A/P and Payroll. Candidate will also evaluate, select and implement scalable systems to automate processes effectively and assist with contract administration. Reports directly to the CFO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that company financial records and reports are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP (accrual basis). Responsible for preparing monthly/quarterly draft financial statements, forecasts, account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Implement policies and procedures (internal controls) to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Evaluate, select and implement scalable systems to automate processes effectively.
- Ensure only valid expenses with proper management authorization are paid.
- Ensure that (i) contract terms evolve and are administered effectively in accordance with company policy (ii) credit risk and other negotiable terms are balanced with business objectives and (iii) progress toward targets are clearly communicated.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules. Involves significant interaction with Sales and Customer Service groups.
- Ensure the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports that may be required by government entities.
- Coordinate work relating to external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records.
- Responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
- Startup mentality! This is a fast-growing startup environment and the candidate must have a willingness to pitch-in when asked to support other areas.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience, with top-tier public accounting being a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and close books and prepare financial statements monthly
- Experience analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a startup environment desirable.
- Understanding of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required.
Yieldmo has raised more than $21 million from Google Ventures, Union Square Ventures and Time Warner. We are delivering a better mobile experience for publishers, advertisers and users.