Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 10 million users across the world. We have redefined the learning management system to make online education a community effort between the students, the teachers and the parents.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We need smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren’t afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
The award-winning Schoology team is growing rapidly in every way and with the business scaling, we are hiring a full-time, multi-faceted Contracts Manager who will be responsible for drafting, negotiating, and managing commercial contracts and license agreements, as well as interacting with internal and external clients, management, and vendors.
The Contracts Manager will report directly to the VP of Finance and will provide regular reviews to other members of the management team.
You will be responsible for:
- Drafts, reviews and negotiations of various client service agreements related to Schoology products and services, including master service agreements, license agreements, SaaS and professional services agreements, NDAs, RFP’s, amendments, statements of work and work orders, escrow agreements, as well as vendor contracts and licenses.
- Drafting and maintaining template agreements for standard products and services.
- Maintaining contract database.
- Review terms and conditions to address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification and all other potential risk areas and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Recommend changes, additions, and deletions to the contract structure to ensure accurate reflection of customer.
- Requirements and alignment with Schoology’s program strategy and risk mitigation.
To succeed in this position you will have:
- 5+ years’ contract management experience.
- 3+ years’ contract negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of software and content development and distribution, hosting, web services, SaaS and other technology services for financial services industry.
- 3+ years’ experience at an in-house legal department with full range of technology related transactions and general commercial transactions.
- Experience implementing and improving contract management processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Post-award hands-on contract management experience with a mix of international and commercial experience.
Schoology is the education technology company transforming the learning process by engaging educators, students and advisors with a more personalized, collaborative experience. More than nine million people from 60,000 K-12 schools and universities around the world use Schoology to transform how they teach and learn.