Role and Responsibilities
SMS Assist is seeking a key addition to our Legal team. As a newly created position within the Legal Department, this role will provide critical support for our growing organization. The Contract Administrator’s duties will include, but not be limited to, drafting correspondence, verifying legal documents, proofreading, organizing and managing legal files, conducting law-related factual research, and carrying out special projects for the legal department. This position reports to In-House Counsel and is located in our Chicago headquarters.
In order to provide the most efficient and streamlined process for our customers, SMS Assist is seeking a highly detailed and organized individual that can truly excel on a team as well as take initiative and get the job done when working alone. Specific duties include:
- Reviews, verifies, amends, tracks, and gains the necessary approvals for the accounts / contracts.
- Coordinates with Sales, Operations, Legal and the Customer to ensure the contract is correct and as intended by the parties.
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders, including those in the Legal, Sales, and Operations departments, as well as our Customers.
- Ensures that the documents tie out with the Customer contract needs, requirements, and expectations, including contracting strategies, business objectives, and other contract conditions
- Conducts various analyses and modeling of contract data and keeps a database of all contracts, their statuses, and special provisions.
- Obtains all appropriate and required internal reviews and approvals for contract terms and provisions
- Responds to various partner/stakeholder questions, inquiries, requests for clarification, etc. regarding contracts and terms/conditions or other items
- Ensures execution of approved and finalized customer contracts; including timely and accurate hand-off to other internal partners/stakeholders
- Monitors existing customer contracts using approved performance methodologies, tools, etc.; includes identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement
- Ensures all contract data and information is appropriately entered into relevant systems/databases
- Record Keeper. Ensures all contract data and information is appropriately entered into relevant systems/databases
Administrative Support: Conserves attorneys’ time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal and other documents. Collects and analyzes information. Additional responsibilities may be included to assist with business demands.
Customer Client Service and Teamwork: Organizes and prioritizes workload so as to most efficiently enable and facilitate team effort to accomplish company goals. Fosters professional, cooperative and supportive relationships. Anticipates and identifies current and future needs. Shares information and offers ideas and solutions in a team environment. Maintains client confidence by keeping company/attorney information confidential. Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
File Maintenance and Document Preparation: Establishes and maintains paper and electronic files in compliance with company policies and utilizing the company’s systems. Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems, producing documents to either firms or commercial entities.
Special Projects: Perform special projects in conjuncture with the legal and/or other departments for the roll out of new initiatives.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel and Access
- Previous professional experience is a plus
- Previous legal experience is a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proactively taking ownership of projects and taking initiative to achieve ideal outcomes
- Managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
About SMS Assist
SMS Assist is revolutionizing multisite property management using our unique business model and proprietary cloud-based technology platform. SMS Assist provides a fully managed business solution to more than 90,000 client locations with a network of over 20,000 affiliate subcontractors. Using its unique business model and proprietary cloud-based technology platform, SMS Assist continuously reduces client costs to maintain their properties, while improving service quality and speed of delivery. SMS Assist is a Pritzker Group portfolio company.