This will be an exciting role that requires you to plan and execute a variety of marketing strategies to reach district and school leaders who are striving to improve instructional practice. You are a top-notch writer and communicator, brilliantly efficient at prioritization, and incredibly organized and detail oriented. You can engage the creative part of your mind and manage large, complex projects that span across multiple teams.
If you were the most impactful teacher at your school that loved designing your own website, blogging and building your influence in social media, then this will be a great fit.
- Strengthen thought leadership through creating success stories, videos, blog posts, journal articles, white papers, and press releases
- Write and edit content on our website, blog, and newsletters
- Manage relationships with Goalbook’s customers and engage key stakeholders
- Work closely with internal teams to help refine and streamline messaging and branding
- Assist in the planning of trade show and conference events
- Lead planning of the first annual Goalbook conference
- Manage public relations and interface with journalists and the media
- ~20% travel required
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years teaching and classroom experience
- Active involvement in web design, blogging and social media
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Incredible organization and attention to detail
- Passion for tackling the most challenging issues in K-12 education
- Entrepreneurial spirit – you’re not here to just execute; challenge us and inspire us and make this your company too
- A sense of humor
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years instructional leadership or school/district administration experience
- Familiar with video editing software
- Experience in content marketing
Perks of Working at Goalbook
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Small team culture and true ownership of work. Your ideas matter
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A truly motivated, passionate, talented and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career
- Open vacation policy: Take PTO and work from home as needed
- Sweet office in downtown San Mateo near Caltrain with a bottomless supply of snacks, drinks and good times
- H-1B / Green Card sponsorship available
Reach out to Justin Su at email@example.com and provide a cover letter, resume, LinkedIn, and how you heard about us. This position is for our San Mateo office and cannot be based remotely.
** Please note if you are a recruiting agency or headhunter, please do not message us as you will be considered spam. **
Are you a former rock-star teacher looking for your next career in the education space? Are you looking for your next challenge where you have a pivotal role in a small company? We may be what you’re looking for. At Goalbook, we empower teachers to transform instruction for all students through our best-in-class resources and research-based professional development. We partner with more than 275 districts in 43 states. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an early-stage company that is developing innovative solutions to address deeply-embedded societal challenges.