We are building out a national internship program in communities across the country and are looking for enthusiastic, entrepreneurial undergraduate students to join our team for the 2015-2016 academic year. As a member of our internship program, you will receive benefits exclusive to those in the VFA network. The position is unpaid, but comes with a ton of perks.
The good stuff:
- Automatic advancement to the phone interview round of our Fellowship application
- Access to the Fellows and VFA Team
- Online skills development and educational resources
- Exposure to our network of startup company partners and the latest updates from VFA HQ
- Performance bonuses for meeting set marketing and Fellowship application goals
- Pride in knowing you are driving our nation’s talent to growth companies across the country!
What you’ll do:
- Develop partnerships and facilitate introductions with relevant student organizations and influential faculty members
- Create and execute a holistic marketing plan that raises awareness about VFA and drives applications on your campus
- Promote, participate, and at times lead marketing events at your university and in your community
- Brainstorm innovative initiatives that VFA could host, sponsor or co-host with a community partner. This could include pitch competitions, hackathons, product challenges, panel discussions, skill sessions, and more.
Who we are looking for:
- An undergraduate student at one of our 90+ target universities
- An energetic, enthusiastic person with a strong work ethic and interest in startups
- A creative thinker who’s able to work independently and take initiative
- A connector who will proactively partner with student organizations and influential faculty
- You can construct a marketing plan that ranges from events to e-mail to social media
- You are organized, reliable, and able to commit at least 10 hours a month, including 4 monthly office hours
About Venture for America
Venture for America is a fellowship program for recent grads who want to learn how to build a business while making an impact. VFA Fellows get training and join a startup in an emerging US city, where they learn hands-on what it takes to build a company and become a successful entrepreneur.