About the Role:
We create Word of Mouth excitement and build brand awareness in communities by sharing our best in the world courses in business, design and development with influential technologists. We build win-win relationships with strategic partners, Meetup groups and entrepreneurs to create conversations about BrainStation and ultimately drive potential “Creators” to our campuses. It takes a mixture of marketing creativity, analytical brains and pure hustle to bring a new city to life quickly. If that’s you, get excited!
Who you are:
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the BrainStation culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal crusher)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- A Jack/Jill of all trades; from biz dev and operations to event-planning and support
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun
What you’ll do:
- Under the leadership of the General Manager, you create, lead and execute your market plan and local strategy
- You work cross-functionally with BrainStation HQ to build brand awareness and market development
- You execute community initiatives (events & experiences) and identify strategic sales opportunities
- You support your General Manager by creating a community playbook of influencers and identifying key relationships in the market
- You are a great coach and support for our Classroom Managers
- You coordinate events that feature thought leaders, ambassadors, local startups/businesses
- You liaise and leverage relationships with key players in the digital space
- You communicate key market information to BrainStation HQ (head office)
- You love to have fun, are obsessed with learning, whilst making new friends locally
- 3-5 Years experience in public relations, marketing, event management, and / or strategic sales
- Startup experience a huge asset
- Proven ability in leadership, as well as working independently, under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing or related subject an asset
BONUS POINTS: We of course love to work with alumni and our students, have you considered taking a BrainStation course?
- Never stop learning – all BrainStation full-time members have access to our part-time evening courses!
- We work at King and Spadina out of a beautiful 12,000 sq ft brick and beam building
- Unlimited tea and coffee
- Snacks stocked in the cupboards
- Local beer on tap
- You’ll be at the center of innovation in Canada
- BrainStation swag
- Weekly catered lunches
- Monthly socials
- Access to events
To Apply for this position:
If you are seeking a position in a company which fosters and supports education, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
Founded in 2012, BrainStation is a progressive educational institution that is powering the next generation of creators. Fuelled by Konrad Group, a global leader in the consumer and enterprise technology space, BrainStation’s curriculum is developed and updated in real-time based on what's happening in the industry. BrainStation is education for the 21st century, where business, creativity and technology collide.