Reports to: Director of Data Operations
Comlinkdata – one of the fastest growing big-data companies in Boston – is seeking a highly quantitative, top-notch critical thinker to join our team as Senior Data Analyst. This person will directly support the Data Operations team to provide quality assurance and work jointly with the Client Services team to investigate data abnormalities.
We’ve built a platform, which accumulates millions of data points of consumer switching behavior within the telecommunications industry. This ground breaking process, and the information it creates, is highly differentiated in this market. The Senior Data Analyst should be comfortable working with large volumes of data in a fast-paced, high growth environment. At Comlinkdata we work hard and smart. We are an established tech company with a start-up spirit.
If you have a quantitative and technical background, a strong desire to set yourself apart and you’re passionate about analyzing data — we want to talk with you!
- Data analysis, including business modeling and statistical analysis, validating with external data (quantitative and qualitative)
- R&D “skunkworks” software / product development
- Analyze and interpret internal data with external research
- Evaluate the methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy
- Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of our information
- Find and acquire additional data sets from independent sources that can be leveraged with existing data
- Examples of recent projects include:
- Building prediction models to determine future consumer behavior
- Segmenting the customer base based on past consumer behavior
- Analyzing social media to build insights into why consumers make certain buying decisions
- 3-5 years of work experience as a data analyst
- Experience in quantitative analysis, software development and statistical modeling
- Proficient with Excel and SQL
- Experience programming mathematical or statistical software packages such as R, S-Plus, SAS, Stata, Gauss or Matlab
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Creative and independent thinker with a desire to learn new technical skills and to help the company grow
- Success at working on cross-functional teams to meet a common goal
- Relentless at finding the answer to a question
- Self-starter with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize in a multitask environment
- Proactive, confident, optimistic, self-motivated and resourceful
- Experience in research design and statistical modeling in a business environment (marketing, market research, etc.)
- Knowledge of PYTHON and VB
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Candidates must upload a resume and cover letter to be considered.
Comlinkdata is the leading provider of real-time market data and analysis for the telecommunications industry. Using proprietary data methodologies, Comlinkdata can observe the behaviors of telecom consumers in real-time, to empower our clients to make better operational and strategic decisions. Based in Boston with development offices in Montreal, the Comlinkdata team is comprised of data architects and scientists, product designers and telecom industry thought leaders.