The Hadoop Developer will be responsible for developing and implementing a highly scalable Hadoop cluster for our enterprise applications. You will work closely with developers and architects to deploy new Hadoop infrastructure, and resolve cluster and job performance issues.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about Big Data and new technologies, a strong problem-solver, and a team player.
- 3-5 years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and Big Data technologies
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (HDFS, MapReduce, Hbase, Pig, Hive, Storm, Impala, Spark)
- Scripting and automation skills in Java or Python
- Experience deploying new Hadoop infrastructure, Hadoop cluster upgrades, and cluster maintenance
- Experience developing Hadoop integrations for data ingestion, data mapping and data processing capabilities
- Familiarity with cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Knowledge of design and architecture principles
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with our business, product, and development teams
- Experience of design and architecture principles
- Proficiency in Scala
- Experience with Cloudera distributions CDH 4x/5x is a plus
- Experience with MQ technologies (Kafka, RabbitMQ) is a plus
- Experience with graph processing systems like Apache Giraph is a plus
- Prior experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout) is a plus
Collective[i] is a big data tech startup that combines a proprietary, always-learning network with applications that are ready to use, data backed and uniquely built on predictive analyses. We provide sales teams with the insights they need to act first, anticipate correctly, effectively coach, and day in and day out be fantastic at what they do. We are looking for people who want to bring their big ideas and best, unfiltered selves to work everyday, who can amplify our culture, and who will exceed every expectation, goal and odd set before them.