Cogo Labs is seeking an inquisitive and entrepreneurial Associate Data Scientist to help us identify and evaluate new online business opportunities by modeling and analyzing very large data sets.
At Cogo, our business is building new businesses. First we create a minimum viable product. Then we optimize it, refine the business model, and help it grow into a brand-new company.
As our Associate Data Scientist you will:
· Help drive the strategic direction of the company by applying analytical rigor to critical business questions.
· Design, implement and analyze experiments to test hypotheses and optimizing problems, ranging from building algorithms for real-time bidding strategies, to assessing the impact of design factors on email deliverability, to predicting user behavior on our websites.
· Create impactful data visualizations to tell stories and communicate insights to both technical & non-technical people.
Our ideal candidate has:
· An advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or related quantitative field.
· Extensive experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analysis, data mining and predictive modeling.
· Experience with distributed computing technologies like MapReduce and Hadoop.
· Programming experience (i.e. data analysis in Python, SQL, R, or MATLAB).
· Expertise with machine learning approaches for data classification, clustering and evaluation.
· Experience designing algorithms and training predictive models.
About Cogo Labs
We're building cutting-edge tools and harnessing the power of big data in order to create a sustainable, repeatable process for building successful web companies.