Cloudreach’s Architects work with challenging technical solutions for industry leading clients. We love all things cloud related and believe passionately in the innovation it can drive.
We’re a Global top-tier partner for both Amazon Web Services and Google – two giants of the cloud computing industry. We are looking for Windows or Linux engineers who are capable of delivering awesomeness on cloud engineering projects. Maybe you’re already an Enterprise Architect, a Consulting Engineer, a Seasoned Systems Engineer or perhaps a DevOps Ninja – we can offer you something new.
Our Cloud Platforms team are the best at what they do – DevOps meets consultancy. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company. You won’t be bored – there’s plenty of variety in our project work and you’ll always be learning.
Not if. When will you join the best Cloud engineering team in the industry?
Where has Cloudreach come from?
- We were an idea formed in a London pub. Now we’re a global business, with hubs across Europe and North America. That growth is fuelled by a special team, developing tech solutions, for interesting clients you will have heard of
- We were voted #1 Small Business to Work For in 2013 and our management won Best Leadership in the well regarded Sunday Times poll
How will you spend your time at Cloudreach?
You will be working in the following areas (and more!):
- Consulting with our US customers helping build and architect new solutions, data center migrations and scaling their adoption of cloud technologies
- Green field development of Amazon Web Services infrastructure (EC2, RDS, EMR, etc), e.g. looking at an existing service or data centre and then architecting a more effective solution in AWS. You might work on a major eCommerce platform, a MySQL database migration, a Big Data project, or building a scalable mobile backend
- DevOps: Systems engineering work with frameworks such as Chef or Puppet – as well as helping to break down barriers between silo’d teams. We automate everything
- Not doing any out of hours shift work – yay!
What do we look for?
- You’ve studied Engineering, Computer Science or a similar subject
- You’re super motivated and have around five year’s working experience, as this role requires in-depth technical knowledge that can be used to guide and advise customers. Perhaps you are looking for your “foot up” opportunity to becoming a Cloud Architect.
- Great client facing skills with the ability to articulate complex technical challenges and communicate effectively with your customer peers.
- Scripting skills – ideally Python or Ruby, but talk to us if you love to hack in any language. We look for people who automate everything where sensible. If you had 10 servers, you wouldn’t update each one manually right?
- You’ll probably prefer a command line to a GUI
- Solid knowledge of Linux (or Windows) Systems Administration/Engineering
What are our cloudy perks?
- A top spec laptop. You want a Macbook, not a ThinkPad right?
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture where we keep our feet on the ground and our heads in the Clouds – this year’s project is building a Quadcopter on our 3D printer
- Plenty of holidays – increasing with every year of happy cloudy service. You’ll also get your birthday off to open your presents/eat lots of cake
- Great career development opportunities with an assigned mentor
- Centrally-located offices – where the cool kids hang out
- Good food and team ‘cloudy’ lunches, taking over a restaurant every Friday
- If you do something amazing, we’ll give you a spot bonus
- The chance to work on side tech projects to build something cool, unrelated to your day to day work
- Overseas work opportunities – if you want them
- Working with a collaborative, sociable team and levelling-up your skills faster than you will anywhere else
Cloudreach is a global top-tier partner for both Amazon Web Services and Google and a growing partner in the Salesforce community. Migrating to the cloud is a journey that every company will and must take. To achieve this companies need to be challenged, excited and invigorated, and transform the way IT is approached. Deciding to embrace the cloud means embarking on this transformational journey, changing not only IT systems and processes, but also the hearts and minds of the people in an organisation. Cloudreach helps companies transform their business by enabling the adoption of cloud technology. Not if. When