- Serving as the main point of contact for clients in program development and execution
- Understands our clients’ businesses, demonstrating knowledge of client industry and active listening skills, and translates their challenges into industry trends and opportunities for General Assembly Enterprise
- Own existing client relationships and projects to ensure seamless design, development and delivery of current contracted work
- Identifies and develops new business with existing clients – grow projects, relationships, and revenue
- Contribute to proposal development for key accounts, and participating in high value proposal discussions and negotiations
- Leading management of educators during design, development and delivery
- Leading client relationships so that value-add is evident through overall project success and robust working relationships with potential for growth
- Maintaining the credibility with the client to represent General Assembly
- Creating an environment on project teams where:
- Overall expectations and priorities are clear
- Routines are in place to help accelerate development and improve quality of our collective thinking and work
- Takes ownership of and handles, resolves, and negotiates difficult issues that may arise with clients; handles challenging conversations with clients and educators as necessary
- 5-7 years of directly related experience in project management in consulting, executive education, learning and development and/or change management
- MBA or comparable Master’s degree preferred
- Requires a keen market orientation and experience in successful business development.
- A record of significant program and operational management experience running client portfolios, developing high-level contacts, developing new business, and managing on-going client relationships and programs
- Experience in strategic planning, evaluation of custom corporate education programs, outcomes assessment, and issues surrounding the development of custom programs.
- A deep knowledge and understanding of learning and development, change management, and program design, delivery, and evaluation
- Self-motivated and confident with sound judgment and keen diplomatic skills
- Some travel, both domestic and international, is required.
About General Assembly
At General Assembly, we are creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century – from web development and user experience design, to business fundamentals, to data science, to product management and digital marketing. Established in early 2011 as an innovative community in New York City for entrepreneurs and startup companies, General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at fourteen campuses across four continents.