We’re in the timesheet business, and let’s face it: Nobody likes filling in timesheets – so our job is to make the experience more pleasant, intuitive, and easy to learn. We’re looking for someone who has experience in visual or interaction design that wants to grow within this space. This person will work with, and report directly to our Lead UI/UX Designer.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has strong conceptual thinking. You will be expected to follow teammates’ ideas and concepts, and execute all visual design stages, from concept to final development.
- Plays nice with others, but works well individually. You communicate easily and effectively with product, QA, and software development teams to understand the big picture; you also self-manage and deliver great work on your own initiative.
- Identifies existing design patterns in the app and expand on them. You have the ability to grow a basic design and create additional flows, edge cases, and interactions based on product requirements.
- Regularly audits the application to validate feature successes and create proposals for enhancements.
- Replicates graphic assets and creates new ones with a matching visual style.
- Displays a positive, proactive attitude, and a healthy interest or passion for web applications and technologies.
- Strong portfolio and design skills, with 1-2 years of design experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or other visual design software required
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Good understanding of user-centered design and interaction design principles; basic understanding of visual design principles
- Ability to take design ownership when necessary, making sound design decisions and clearly communicating those decisions to senior leadership
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in a design-related field, or equivalent professional experience
Bonus if you have…
- Familiarity with prototyping software such as Axure
- Experience working on mobile and/or web applications
Competitive salary, profit-sharing (did we mention we’re profitable?), medical/dental/vision, nerf guns, health savings account, subsidized transit, 401(k) with matching, unlimited coffee, company-provided computer set-up. We’re a tight-knit group of about 25 with an energetic company culture.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio at: http://clicktime.com/company/jobs#op-43552-junior-ui-designer. Please, no phone calls, drop-ins, or recruiters.
We’re ClickTime. We believe in empowering organizations to become efficient, resourceful, and successful through the power of the cloud – and a human touch. We’re best known for our world-class timesheet management software used by thousands of customers worldwide. If you’re interested in driving best business practices around the globe, while working with driven, forward-thinking, team-oriented people, ClickTime may be the place for you.