More than 200,000 Meetups across the globe span thousands of interests and topics. While each Meetup is unique, Meetups with similar topics often share common goals, inspiration, and challenges. These similar topics are grouped into 30+ categories on Meetup, and Meetup is creating a new role to increase success and encourage growth in these categories.
We are currently hiring a Category Manager for Sports and Recreation/Outdoors. This is a new role in Meetup, and the opportunity to create and shape its impact on Meetup is huge.
A Category Manager will be:
- Working with the strategy team to dig deeply into the category data, identifying the unique needs and trends of organizers and Meetups in that category
- Building relationships with key organizers in the category in order to better understand and support their needs
- Creating and testing both high touch and scalable coaching techniques, best practice sharing, and other proactive interventions designed to increase organizer success and improve retention in that category
- Familiar with greater trends in the category (outside of Meetup), and driving Meetup’s presence in that category
- Sharing insights into how organizers in the category are using Meetup
- Working closely with the entire Community Team to do all of the above
This might be the job for you if:
- You know that Meetups everywhere about ‘most everything is what the world needs, and that Meetup is the best place for Rec enthusiasts to find their people
- You’re excited by the idea of starting something new; you’ve repeatedly proven that you can take something from concept to success, working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to do so
- You are proactive and driven, and you know how to get buy in and find resources to get things done
- You’re familiar with Sports and Rec/Outdoors and are motivated by the opportunity to strengthen Meetup’s presence in that community
- You have 5+ years previous project management and/or community management experience
- You are extremely comfortable interpreting data and using it to guide strategy. Bonus if you know SQL
- You have excellent written communication skills and strong presentation skills
- You know how to tell a compelling story using both quantitative and qualitative data
Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 9,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities. Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference.