The Content Marketing Intern will assist with creating consistent and strong content across all media platforms. Ideal applicants are individuals with strong writing and critical thinking backgrounds that seek to hone their skills in professional writing, branding, and messaging.
Major responsibilities include:
- Create content for all platforms – You will manage content distributed through a number of different platforms, including social media accounts and blogs. You will also be able to create new initiatives to drive traffic to our website and develop content for our newsletter.
- Design marketing materials. You will be responsible for producing content that will be sent to educators, students, volunteers, and sponsors.
- Manage social media. You will be update social media to promote outside interest in CareerVillage.org and our cause. You will have the opportunity to analyze growth and performance of different initiatives.
Please note that in applying to this position you will be asked to provide a writing sample, a link to a personal blog and your social media presences.
Desired Skills & Background:
- Knowledge and prior use of social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity and ability to think outside of the box
- Special pluses: Knowledge of CRM software like PipeDrive, SalesForce, or Hubspot. Knowledge of SEO & Google Analytics/AdWords. Graphic Design skills, we use Adobe Software.
Candidates with majors/backgrounds in humanities (English, Government, History, etc.) are urged to apply!! CareerVillage.org interns are offered unparalleled opportunities to build experience and show their worth. Our team devotes time and energy to supporting our interns to ensure your success with us and beyond. Please note that CareerVillage.org is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and a startup.
CareerVillage.org is an education technology non-profit organization that helps high school students get college and career advice. We do that by recruiting mentors to give advice online using our Q&A mentoring platform. By making it easy for mentors to give advice from their computer or mobile phone, we're making mentorship scalable. CareerVillage focuses on low-income communities, where the need is greatest, and is already in use at schools and after-school programs like KIPP, Achievement First, and NFTE. CareerVillage is a growing organization with grassroots support, and recently won challenge grants paid for by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and JPMorgan Chase. Contact us now to discuss partnerships or funding opportunities. Working at CareerVillage.org will be a life-changing experience! You'll be able to work on something world-changing that you can get excited about every single day, with a super brilliant team, in a high-tech nonprofit context. We work hard, take ourselves seriously, and still have a ton of fun. If that sounds like you, let's connect!