We’re looking for an experienced startup marketer to build out our community of CareerVillage volunteers.
You’ll be responsible for crafting the strategy, executing on it, and writing the playbook on how to build a vibrant community of volunteers ready to change lives on CareerVillage.org.
- Creating a sense of mission in our community
- Write on-brand copy for landing pages, etc
- Find creative ways to reach potential volunteers on a startup marketing budget
- Develop and run our social media strategy
Community management responsibilities:
- Focus on volunteer retention and ensure it’s easy, fun, and rewarding for our volunteers to advise students
- Personify our brand and authentically engage with our community
- Recognize and reward our volunteers
- Support and encourage volunteers
- Using input from the community, work closely with product team to ensure product meets community’s needs
A little about you – you’ve had success in the past building a user base, managing an engaged community of users, or both. You are a creative, scrappy problem solver who runs through barriers to succeed. You’re a natural storyteller, an optimist who cares intensely about our mission and our users. As a volunteer-led organization, this role is critical to our success. If you’re looking to for a challenging, high impact leadership position on the ground floor of a world-changing nonprofit organization, please get in touch.
Work location is a super cool office in Boston’s Seaport district with awesome views, and also includes time spent in the CA Bay Area. Salary grows as we expand our reach!
PRODUCT CareerVillage.org is an education technology non-profit organization that helps high school students get college and career advice. We do that by recruiting mentors to give advice online using our Q&A mentoring platform. By making it easy for mentors to give advice from their computer or mobile phone, we're making mentorship scalable. CareerVillage focuses on low-income communities, where the need is greatest, and is already in use at schools and after-school programs like KIPP, Achievement First, and NFTE. CareerVillage is a growing organization with grassroots support, and recently won challenge grants paid for by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and JPMorgan Chase. Contact us now to discuss partnerships or funding opportunities. WHY US?Working at CareerVillage.org will be a life-changing experience! You'll be able to work on something world-changing that you can get excited about every single day, with a super brilliant team, in a high-tech nonprofit context. We work hard, take ourselves seriously, and still have a ton of fun. If that sounds like you, let's connect!