Talented Campus Ambassadors sought for high growth tech startup
Roomi is the only free mobile app that helps New Yorkers find the right room or roommate safely and easily.
Finding the right apartment can be stressful, and finding the right roommate can be downright agonizing. With its easy-to-use and secure platform, Roomi eliminates the hassle from the hunt. Users can seamlessly scroll through verified listings, find members with common interests and connect directly through the app freely and securely. Today people are looking for more than someone to simply split the bills with; they’re looking for friends, colleagues and a place they’re happy to call home. Roomi helps them get there.
About The Position:
Get hands-on marketing experience at one of the fastest growing mobile app startups in New York. Roomi has recently been featured in the NY Post, Fox5, TechCrunch, Uncubed, and more. We’re growing rapidly and looking for a talented and energetic team of Campus Ambassadors to spread the word about Roomi at colleges throughout New York City. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in marketing and startups and work with a team of people changing the way New Yorkers find housing. We’re hoping that’s you!
- Representing and promoting Roomi on your campus through grassroots and social media marketing and partnership development.
- Working closely with senior staff to identify an individualized campaign strategy for your campus, including developing comprehensive monthly work plans.
- Participating in regular planning meetings with other Campus Ambassadors throughout New York City.
- Distributing free swag to fellow students.
- Engaging in one-on-one conversations with students to tell them Roomi’s story, what it’s like to live with roommates and search for housing in NYC
- Planning and coordinating on campus promotional events.
- Meeting ambitious outreach goals to provide essential growth for quickly expanding company.
Must have completed at least 1 year at your current college.
- A Student Leader: Highly-involved in clubs and organizations on-campus.
- A People Person: Love building meaningful relationships with new people
- Self Starter: Can take direction when it’s given but also thrives in less structured circumstances.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Passionate about building something original, together.
Roomi is re-inventing the roommate search by prioritizing the person as much as the place and price. Our free, mobile app simplifies the roommate search with straightforward tools. Instantly post and find rooms. Make meaningful connections based on shared values, common interests, and compatible lifestyles. Roomi is there for you before, during and after the move, helping you feel at home as part of our dynamic, co-living community. By helping people live better together, Roomi is changing the world, one shared home at a time.