Seeking a highly-organized, energetic Business Development Representative to join Black Duck’s name brand, industry-leading Audit Services group. You will work in a range of capacities to develop audit services business and support the audit Sales Reps. Success in the BDR role requires a team player mentality combined with strong individual drive to build a business.
The candidate hired for this role will be groomed to move into a Corporate Sales Representative role.
- Master the market, business drivers, processes and offerings so that you can position Black Duck audit services and develop business opportunities
- Follow up on in-bound inquiries and responses to marketing programs, initiate conversations, and qualify opportunities
- Identify and pursue key targets and legal contacts, leveraging research resources, assess their needs and pique their interest in Black Duck’s offerings
- Assist Sales Reps with all aspects of sales process; help to coordinate with delivery, legal and financial teams; over time take on more direct responsibility for smaller deals
- Participate in post audit review calls with an eye towards developing follow on business
- Consistently maintain records via CRM system
- BS or BA degree
- Minimum one year business experience in sales
- Experience conducting business and building relationships via phone & email with excellent phone, interpersonal, verbal & written capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills and experience successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously, maintaining a high-volume pace, and the ability to “switch gears” quickly
- Professional persistence & ability to “think on your feet” and make a compelling arguments
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals – compensation will include commissions based on a team goal
- Some understanding of software development processes and languages is a real plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, Salesforce.com and internet navigation
- Smart and driven to succeed
- High level of maturity and self-assurance
- Personal and professional integrity
- Total team player attitude, willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Willingness to listen, learn and be molded into becoming a successful Black Duck Representative
Black Duck provides the world’s only end-to-end platform for OSS Logistics, enabling enterprises of every size to optimize the opportunities and solve the logistical challenges that come with open source adoption, governance, and management. As part of the greater open source community, Black Duck connects developers to comprehensive OSS resources through the Black Duck Open Hub (formerly Ohloh.net), and to the latest commentary from industry experts through the Open Source Delivers blog. Black Duck is headquartered near Boston and has offices in Mountain View, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, and Beijing.