The Business Analyst creates and analyzes key business metrics, which will help understand and drive the business. The Business Analyst is responsible for providing reporting, in-depth analysis and operational support to Black Duck’s various sales functions and senior management and will serve as the go to person for sales forecasting, compensation, territory management and analysis.
The ideal candidate will effectively collaborate with stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Finance to design, develop, or modify processes and/or technologies to deliver operational improvements and insight. This role requires a mixture of business acumen and data analytics expertise. Success in the role will require a self-starter with a passion for collaborating with others to solve problems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support all functions of sales compensation worldwide, including modeling, quota setting, plan issuance, rollout process, attainment calculations, and programs. Work closely with finance to ensure timely and accurate attainment calculations. Triage issues with application of the plan.
- Drives weekly, monthly and quarterly bookings forecast and works with sales leadership to provide insightful reporting on key metrics and analytics to drive company goals.
- Build models to analyze bookings and pipeline trends, productivity, performance.
- Present findings and recommendations to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the sales teams.
- Assist with key sales planning activities during planning and budgeting cycle.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making.
- Assist in the development, execution, and maintenance of training for the Sales organization.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree in related field highly desirable.
- 5+ years of experience in a business, financials or sales analysis role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically strong Excel competency and understanding of Power Point
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with strong business judgement and ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- Experience in analyzing key business analytics related to running an Inside Sales Bus Model
- In-depth understanding of Sales Operations business practices for sales processes and systems (sales cycles; account, territory, opportunity, pipeline management)
- Knowledge and experience with quota models and sales compensation plans
- Experience working in high-growth, performance and deadline driven environments
- Results oriented, attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple objectives and projects
- Ability to manage own workload and work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Successful track record of working at all levels of management and sales teams
- Experience with a CRM system (i.e. Salesforce.com) and Business Intelligence tools
Black Duck provides the world’s only end-to-end platform for OSS Logistics, enabling enterprises of every size to optimize the opportunities and solve the logistical challenges that come with open source adoption, governance, and management. As part of the greater open source community, Black Duck connects developers to comprehensive OSS resources through the Black Duck Open Hub (formerly Ohloh.net), and to the latest commentary from industry experts through the Open Source Delivers blog. Black Duck is headquartered near Boston and has offices in Mountain View, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, and Beijing.