Artivest is seeking a senior brokerage and advisory operations professional to manage the day-to-day operations of our fund platform, broker-dealer and investment adviser. This position will have broad exposure to the technology, investor relations, and compliance functions at the firm.
As a fast-growing team of best-in-class financial and technology professionals, NYC-based Artivest connects leading hedge fund and private equity firms with the wider audience of investors seeking access to the highest quality alternatives. Our core mission is to provide insight and access to exceptional investing.
Who You Are
- A senior operations professional who has extensive experience in operational risk management and brokerage and investment advisory operations
- A team leader who understands private equity, hedge funds, and private wealth management platforms
- Highly communicative cross-functional collaborator; ability to synthesize complex issues into digestible decision points
- Nimble and resourceful problem-solver
- Constantly looking for ways to improve processes and procedures at the marginal and aggregate levels
- Expertise in technical accounting a plus
What You’ve Done
- Ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience in the operations, administration, compliance and accounting functions at a broker-dealer and investment advisory organization, preferably a hedge fund/private equity/fund-of-funds environment
- Developed, implemented and maintained procedures in line with firm policy and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required; CPA helpful, but not required.
- Series 27 required, along with experience in broker-dealer FOCUS reporting
- Experience with custodial reporting
What You’ll Do
- Primary responsibility for brokerage and investment advisory operations and operational risk management
- Implement and maintain procedures and train employees on firm policy and regulatory requirements
- Custodial integration for reporting to custodian platforms, management of data feeds and reconciliation
- Managing relationships with regulators (SEC, FINRA) and producing the company’s deliverables for regulatory examinations
- Oversee vendor and service provider relationships (fund administrator, auditors, treasury/cash custody)
- Improving financial controls; regulatory and financial reporting
- Investment/performance analytics and reporting
- Principal responsibility for firm’s AML Compliance Program and Business Continuity Program and fund-specific compliance
- Internal liaison to corporate finance, legal / compliance, technology, investor relations, operations, investment research, and business development teams.
- Developing and launching alternative investment vehicles, including private equity funds and hedge funds
- Fund accounting; support internal finance team and auditors in creation of audited financial statements, tax returns and K1s
- Strategic initiatives from cutting-edge automations to frictionless integrations with various clients, partners, and service providers.
At Artivest, you may feel overwhelmed and stretched. But, you will also find yourself working with a smart, fun, dedicated, and passionate team committed to building a powerful, industry-changing organization. This is a non-stop startup job. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Artivest connects a wider audience of suitable investors with investment opportunities in top-quality private equity and hedge funds that are typically available only at institutional minimum investment sizes.