Bright Power is seeking a Lead Client Side Developer to join our Software team and play a pivotal role in the design and implementation of its future products. This is a great opportunity to be part of a young and evolving SaaS B2B product team and to participate in defining the product roadmap for the company. You should be independent, flexible, able to tackle new challenges while also being a professional with high standards for quality in development practices. Successful applicants will have extensive experience in across the range of client side technologies, and be able to drive building, mentoring, and establishing standards for our front end team.
- Minimum 5 years of professional Browser Side Web Development experience, this is a senior position however so the more background the better.
- Strong emphasis on UX considerations, this is not simply a coding position, you’ll be working closely with our product owners to help define the applications.
- Heavy experience with one or more CSS/HTML frameworks (SASS, Polymer, Twitter Bootstrap, HTML5 Boilerplate, Pure, Foundation, Semantic, Blueprint, etc)
- Experience with Test-Driven Development/Agile development practices. This includes substantial experience using with client side testing frameworks such as Selenium, PhantomJS, Karma, Jasmine, Protractor, QUnit, HTMLUnit, HttpUnit, Mocha, JsTestDriver, TestSwarm, Buster, Sinon, etc. in a continuous integration environment.
- Founded in 2004, office located in downtown Manhattan.
- Hard-working, casual work environment.
- Serious about delivering high quality results, while having fun in the process.
- Standard business hours with some flexibility.
- “Realistic Idealists” working to change the world in pragmatic ways.
About Bright Power
Bright Power provides strategic energy solutions to building owners and operators in New York and across the nation. Specializing in multifamily apartment buildings, Bright Power’s suite of services saves clients energy, money and time. Bright Power's energy management solutions include EnergyScoreCards benchmarking software, energy audits, energy procurement, solar energy, green building, and construction management of energy improvements.