We are an early stage startup currently looking for a proficient data analyst to work on our article ranking system. Competitive compensation will be offered for this position.
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics
- Basic understanding of CS concepts such as data structures and O(n)
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience in SQL or other database query language
- A passion for startups!
- Working towards a B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or other related technical fields
- Experience in data mining or machine learning
- Experience with LDA or other topic models
- Experience with natural language processing
- Experience programming in a statistical language (R, Matlab, Stata, etc.)
- Familiarity with BigTable or other non-relational databases
BriefMe is changing the way people consume news. We are the first-ever news ranking system, making it easier for people to stay informed. We recently launched an iOS app on the App Store which was featured by Apple in their best new apps, and we are currently working on an Android version. We have built a robust algorithm that filters through thousands of news articles to ultimately present the articles that people are consuming now.