We’re looking for a driven and motivated Frontend Engineer looking to play an integral role in an ever-growing Technology team. You stop at nothing and you’re always looking to raise the bar – no challenge is too big.
Our engineering team builds software to manage the forecasting, purchasing, preparation, and shipment of 60-80 different fresh ingredients every week at a massive scale. This presents unique supply chain and logistical challenges that require comprehensive data analysis and robust custom solutions, and we’ve embraced Ember for developing our internal client applications.
About the role
- Work closely with developers, designers, product managers, and other teams in the company to design the best experiences possible for our internal applications.
- Evaluate new technologies and determine how they can improve our development process.
- Consider performance and scalability when developing applications.
- Design, and implement new features to provide more enjoyable experiences for our users.
- Collaborate to understand and overcome unique scheduling and logistics challenges.
- Listen to the needs of our internal teams and build tools that bring harmony to complex operational workflows.
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, Ember, PostgreSQL, RSpec, HAML, SASS
- You take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish.
- You’re passionate about crafting software that impacts that lives of customers and coworkers alike.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design and have developed clients to interact with a variety of APIs.
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- You’re always learning and are excited at the prospect of mastering new technologies and techniques.
- You write tests to improve the quality and reliability of your code.
- Experience with Rails a plus.
- You help teammates improve when reviewing their work and appreciate feedback when they reciprocate.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- MacBook Pro
- A large, open workspace in NYC’s SoHo neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit and snacks
About Blue Apron
Blue Apron is a New York-based e-commerce start-up that’s changing the way people cook at home. We believe in time spent together in the kitchen, and the memories that only a shared meal can create. Our weekly service delivers everything you need to create 3 gorgeous, restaurant-quality meals in your very own kitchen. We source the freshest seasonal products and send them in exactly the right quantities along with clear, archive-ready recipe cards designed to expand your culinary skill-set.As a creative, thoughtful, motivated group of foodies and friends, we work in a high-energy, high-growth field and value the real world impact of our work. It’s better living through cooking. Presently, we deliver millions of meals around the country, and we’re growing. Grow with us.