Help shape the next era of transportation at Blacklane, the global professional driver service and the fastest-growing tech start-up in Germany. We are rapidly growing to fulfill our vision of providing a professional driver to every traveler anywhere in the world.
We conveniently connect passengers with professional drivers in more than 180 cities and 50 countries — with many more on the way. Join our team of more than 30 nationalities and 20 languages in the dynamic Berlin start-up environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented and motivated:
Driver Operations – Regional Director for America (f/m)
About the role:
- Analyze local market needs, legal requirements and identify potential business areas.
- Develop the strategic direction of the region and prepare global scalability.
- Represent Blacklane to our partners and affiliates as the regional head.
- Establish new structures and processes, and adopt global standards to regional and local needs.
- Manage the acquisition, selection and training of potential partners (leads).
- Manage the service quality and operational performance by using strategic and operational key performance indicators, as well as develop and implement measures.
- Manage the network of our local affiliates and establish a community with trusted local affiliates.
- Improve processes and procedures, and further develop IT systems and tools.
- Take over the leadership of a team of employees and give guidance to team members.
- Work closely with our Customer Care, Product, IT, Business Intelligence and Marketing teams.
What we seek:
- At least 8 years of professional experience in an analytical and/or operative environment, e.g. operations management, fleet management, service provider, consulting, tourism or hotel industry.
- Proven experience in regional Supplier Management and Business Development in North America.
- Good analytical skills and proven experience in making decisions based on data analysis.
- Advanced skills in analytical or reporting tools (e.g. Excel, Google analytics).
- Solid experience with processes, KPI reporting and steering.
- Managerial thinking and the ability to supervise and organize others. Proactive attitude and a true leader.
- Good communication, management and team working skills, as well as the ability to motivate a team.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mobility industry.
- Native English speaker — additional languages are a plus.
- Situated in New York (already a resident or willing to move in the medium term).
Create the future of transportation and:
- Be instrumental in building the first global professional driver company.
- Join a diverse and professional team characterized by flat hierarchies, a family-like atmosphere, and flexible working hours. We are passionate about what we do.
- Grow in an environment that values trust and teamwork.
- Receive a permanent contract with attractive compensation and recognition of your achievements.
If you want to be a part of an award-winning company that promises a consistently exceptional experience around the world, send your CV, cover letter, start date, salary expectations and references to Juliane Eichler at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!
Blacklane conveniently connects passengers with the spare capacities of licensed, regulated and insured professional drivers. Corporate and individual customers can book and schedule rides in over 50 countries around the world. Blacklane guarantees low and all-inclusive fixed rates at the time of the booking with a unique pricing and dispatching algorithm. The company provides a consistently high global standard by combining multi-lingual 24/7 customer care with real-time service control for tens of thousands of quality cars.