The Software Engineer as an individual contributor in our collaborative team is responsible for the development, integration, and testing of Black Duck Software’s Enterprise Open Source Governance Solutions. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated idea generator with previous Java experience and a strong verbal and interpersonal communicator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and test high quality Java EE Software Product
- Conduct new technology research; bring fresh ideas and concepts to bear on product development
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Hands on experience developing complex web-based systems
- 5+years of programming experience with any modern, object-oriented and/or dynamic language like Java, Python, Ruby
- Firm grasp of the Software Development Life Cycle, Agile methodologies, Object Oriented design unit testing, integration testing, etc.
- Experience with test driven development using JUnit, TestNG, or the like
- Experience with acceptance testing tools
- SQL programming knowledge and experience with relational databases like PostgresSQL
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work/solve problems as part of a team as well as independently
- Experience with Spring and/or Hibernate is a plus
- Experience with Bootstrap, Backbone, Marionette is a plus
About Black Duck
Black Duck provides the world’s only end-to-end platform for OSS Logistics, enabling enterprises of every size to optimize the opportunities and solve the logistical challenges that come with open source adoption, governance, and management. As part of the greater open source community, Black Duck connects developers to comprehensive OSS resources through the Black Duck Open Hub (formerly Ohloh.net), and to the latest commentary from industry experts through the Open Source Delivers blog. Black Duck is headquartered near Boston and has offices in San Mateo, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, and Beijing.
Interested applicants may apply via Black Duck Careers
- See more at: https://www.blackducksoftware.com/careers/openings/software-engineer-2#sthash.D5Rzlu3m.dpuf
About Black Duck Software
Black Duck Software helps the world's most innovative companies streamline, safeguard, and manage their use of open source software.