Bitly is seeking mid-level and senior Application Engineers to help improve and expand the services that power all of our products.
Does API Design make you excited? Are you up to the challenge of building scalable, robust, distributed systems? Do you see an opportunity in building tools to help people understand the world around them? Then bitly might be the right place for you.
Additionally, in this paritcular role you’ll be joining a small local team in Colorado which works as part of a larger team based in New York.
As an Application Engineer at bitly you will:
- Take the tools created by our infrastructure team and combine them with the knowledge gained by our science team to build the services that drive all of our products.
- Create, manage, and improve web APIs that clearly, accurately, and efficiently provide clients with the data they need.
- Work with people throughout the company to understand the goals, needs, and priorities of systems and turn that understanding into a specific plan of attack.
- Design and build large scale, distributed, highly available, well tested, and easily managed services.
- Use a variety of tools and languages including Python, Go, Redis, Hadoop, MySQL, Riak, and more.
An ideal candidate for this role:
- Has a solid background in writing understandable, testable, and efficient code.
- Has a good understanding of how to design robust and scalable services.
- Is familiar with relevant tools and technologies and stays up to date with on going changes and advancements.
- Intimately knows how web protocols, clients, and servers work.
- Is able to identify and communicate the maintainability, development time, operational cost, and user experience trade-offs of different approaches and solutions.
- Has experience with and opinions about automated testing.
- Is able to take initiative in addressing issues or seeking support from fellow team members.
- Has experience working with version control systems (preferably distributed VCS like Git)
- Has a bachelors in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Has experience working remotely
At Bitly, we value our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with our vision, mission and values.It is our mission to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world. Our values:>(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care. Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world. Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen. This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners. RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.