Our subscriber base is growing and we are looking for a Customer Operations Specialist to maintain our high standards for customer service. Our Customer Operations team goal is to provide an amazing experience to each and every customer during all of their interactions with Birchbox. Our Customer Operations Specialists are the heart of our business and have a major impact on the bottom line of our continued success.
- You will act as the voice of Birchbox, spending your days on the front lines consulting to our amazing customers: answering their calls, emails, and social media messages, addressing any concerns and finding creative resolutions to problems.
- You will strategically manage our subscription process by trouble shooting billing and ordering issues.
- You will partner closely with our logistics team to ensure consistent and accurate delivery of boxes.
- You will regularly be called upon to think of ways to improve the customer service experience and develop operations protocols to prevent repeat problems and make our team more efficient.
- You will be asked to get involved in other areas of the business based on your interest and company needs—this could be anything from starring in our beauty videos to setting up a pop-up retail shop.
****To ensure the best coverage for our customers, candidates must be fully available to work the following shifts in office: M-F 9am-5pm and M-F 1pm- 9pm on two week rotations. Additionally, candidates should be available to work weekends when required.
BA/BS or 1-3 years of experience working in a retail or customer service focused environment
… are a go getter and eager to take on any customer’s challenge.
…are a strategic problem solver – you constantly have ideas for how to make a situation or service more efficient and successful.
…are naturally organized.
…love to have fun at work!
…think quickly on your toes to resolve issues as they arise.
…love the feeling of having a happy customer and are willing to go above and beyond to make that happen.
…are motivated by being part of a fast paced, start-up environment and have the mindset that no job is too small.
- You can dive into our crazy supply of beauty products – test them sometimes before they even hit the shelves (there’s plenty for men too!)
- Good snacks.
- We’re all about having fun. We are an energetic, innovative team that laughs a lot.
- It’s a chance to be at the start of something huge. We’ve only made a small dent in what we plan to do and continue to grow quickly. We are pursuing big dreams and we’ll give you the chance to explore yours too.
- You’ll work in an environment of complete transparency and get exposure to senior management. Our founders don’t have big fancy corner offices – they sit right next to our employees and everyone knows where the company is headed.
- You’ll find an agile setting with very low barriers to getting things done.
Birchbox is a disruptive e-commerce business on a mission to change the way consumable lifestyle products are purchased online. We combine a subscription service that delivers high-end samples directly to members, with an online shop and original editorial content. Our platform revolutionizes the way consumers discover products and delivers our brand partners a better way to access customers.
Launched in the fall of 2010 we have quickly grown to be the definitive leader in the field of subscription retail. We are one of the fastest growing start-ups in New York and have the backing of top tier VC firms including Accel Partners and First Round Capital. We’ve received praise in Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, The Huffington Post, Fast Company and more. To keep up with this fast growth we are building a team of energized executors who want to be part of creating a truly new business model. We are results driven, creative and aim to delight our customers in every way possible!
Birchbox is the leading discovery commerce platform. We are redefining the retail process by offering consumers a unique and personalized way to discover, learn about, and shop the best beauty, grooming, and lifestyle products on the market.Headquartered in New York City, Birchbox launched in September 2010 and extended into men’s products in April 2012 with Birchbox Man.In September 2012, Birchbox acquired Paris-based JolieBox, gaining business units in France, the UK, and Spain to take the company global and become the international market leader in discovery commerce.Birchbox has been featured in USA Today, The New York Tim