The Billing Associate is responsible for performing data entry of information to maintain database(s) through custom software. This position ensures accuracy, efficiency and retrieval of processed data. This position also proofs material entered as required and generates data reports as required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Enter billing invoices into company databases.
- Review information for accuracy before it’s processed for billing.
- Verify accuracy of data inputted into the database, and resolve discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Receive and resolve affiliate calls about services and billing expectations
- Communicate with technical staff to resolve computer and software problems.
- Complete reports, as needed.
- Clerical duties including filing documents.
- Maintain database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience- Typically 3+ years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’s degree)
- Proficiency in MS Outlook and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of word processing, basic spreadsheet and database maintenance.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong keyboarding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous billing experience is a plus
Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Ability to Analyze Information, Results Driven.
About SMS Assist
SMS Assist is revolutionizing multisite property management using our unique business model and proprietary cloud-based technology platform. SMS Assist provides a fully managed business solution to more than 90,000 client locations with a network of over 20,000 affiliate subcontractors. Using its unique business model and proprietary cloud-based technology platform, SMS Assist continuously reduces client costs to maintain their properties, while improving service quality and speed of delivery. SMS Assist is a Pritzker Group portfolio company.