What we’re looking for: We are seeking a talented BI Manager who thrives in a collaborative work environment. In this role you will be responsible for customizing, deploying, and maintaining a range of products for our Fortune 500 clients’ events. You will also work with the team to provide feedback, modify features and assist in implementing the technical aspects of the eshots’ solutions.
- Passion for turning data into actionable insight.
- Able to optimize performance of database queries and ETL processes.
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues involving multiple layers of software (web browser, reporting engine, database, etc.).
- Understanding of best practices to guarantee data accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to express business concepts in technical terms (and vice-versa).
In this role, you will:
- Create reports and implement new features in our client-facing reporting environment, built on Information Builders WebFOCUS platform.
- Help us achieve near real-time data loading into our data warehouse.
- Develop processes to ensure data accuracy.
- Translate business requirements into technical design and work with business users to ensure objectives are met.
- Monitor and optimize performance of the reporting system.
- Guide enhancements to make data easier to access, easier to understand, and more actionable.
You must have:
- At least 5 years of experience with data warehousing and BI systems, including data modeling, ETL, and report design. Experience with Information Builders WebFOCUS or Pentaho Data Integration would be valuable.
- Strong database and SQL skills, including query performance optimization. MySQL experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in Computer Science or a related field.
Our Core Values:
- Change: Continuous reinvention.
- Passion: Never give up, never give in.
- Discipline: You can’t manage what you can’t measure.
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, eshots is the leading event intelligence platform in the experiential marketing industry. We help our clients set and benchmark event strategies, maximize consumer lead capture and track/convert those leads into sales.