The BarkPost is sniffin’ for an NYC-based dog-lovin human to run the new Life vertical of BarkPost.com. The Life vertical focuses on everything from style and product trends to DIY’s, product roundups, health, and home content– all with the BarkPost bark, of course. This editor will collaborate with the rest of the editorial team to come up with the vision and direction for this content category.
- Conceptualize, write, edit, and publish articles for the Life vertical of BarkPost.com
- Research long-form features and news stories
- Edit copy for grammar, spelling, clarity, BarkPost style, and SEO guidelines
- Help maintain daily editorial calendar and plan out future content for Life vertical
- Assign stories, field pitches and generate new ideas for content
- Manage team of freelance writers and stay on top of workflow/deadlines
- Own big-picture brand and content strategies and identify opportunities
- Lend a paw with sponsored advertorial content when applicable
- Brainstorm projects and content with editorial team
- Loves dogs
- 3+ years of online editorial experience in the lifestyle realm (Fashion, DIY, Home, etc.)
- Superb writing, editing, and digital journalism skills
- Passionate about the products and emotions that surround the dog lover’s life
- An enthusiastic work ethic, high emotional intelligence, and a good attitude
- Has ability to edit and package stories, well-versed in digital strategy
- Experience working with WordPress and an understanding of digital + social content
- Attention to detail, excellent follow-through and ability to work independently
- Takes pride in maintaining important relationships and knows how to form + use a network of awesome people to hit their goals
- Highly organized and able to take total ownership over the Life vertical
- Approaches all tasks with a playful + humorous point of view
- Did we mention loves dogs?
About Bark&Co (BarkBox)
Bark & Co is the handiwork of Matt Meeker, Henrik Werdelin and Carly Strife. Brought together by their love of all things canine, these three launched Bark & Co’s first product, BarkBox, with little thought as to how popular it was going to be. As BarkBox grew, so did their understanding of the loyal dog parents that loved their monthly box of goodies. The success of the box led to the creation of Bark & Co, a company that is dedicated to building products that foster the health and happiness of dogs everywhere.