- Build out new marketing campaigns, ideas, collaborations, and partnerships to grow the BarkPost audience in impactful ways that also feel uniquely BarkPost
- Develop marketing plans and optimize paid channels (social media, online, content discovery platforms, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with BarkPost editorial leads to analyze organic spread and feed insight into future content development. Lead search engine optimization for editorial content.
- Collaborate closely with Product Development and technical teams on third-party partner integration, SEO and tagging, and more
- Constantly stay on top of new industry trends and thoughtfully introduce innovation and best practices
- Be a leading voice in budget discussions and tracking and measuring metrics for growth across digital properties and distribution channels
- Coordinate closely with folks leading growth for BarkBox and Shop — the commerce businesses at Bark & Co, especially in shared channels
- Identify, engage and execute strategic partnerships (eg editorial, media, syndication)
- Recommend and manage key vendors, partners and platforms
- Track and report on-going campaign results and optimization journey
- Deeply understand the audience for growth as well as profiling and communicating insights into a story for internal teams
- 3+ years of proven experience in audience growth for a content organization in-house or at a media agency and at least 7+ years of related overall work experience
- Understanding of the many audience growth and content distribution channels and how to balance them to maximize organizational goals: paid media, social media, SEO and email
- Deeply quantitative, but also able to transcend the data to see the big picture
- Ability to work closely with writers, editors and a highly creative dog obsessed producers, including folks managing our BarkPack network of influencer dogs
- Open-minded to trying new and highly creative approaches that are distinctly BarkPost
- Fluency with analytic tools and software packages (like Google Analytics, Omniture, Chartbeat, Simplereach, Crowdtangle) and third-party amplification platforms (like OutBrain, BuzzFeed, StumbleUpon) — with opinions on preferred tools and why
- Understanding different forms of content (editorial, photos and video) and proven skills in social media, including Instagram and Facebook
- Bonus Points: Your dog knows a really cool trick.
About Bark&Co (BarkBox)
Bark & Co is the handiwork of Matt Meeker, Henrik Werdelin and Carly Strife. Brought together by their love of all things canine, these three launched Bark & Co’s first product, BarkBox, with little thought as to how popular it was going to be. As BarkBox grew, so did their understanding of the loyal dog parents that loved their monthly box of goodies. The success of the box led to the creation of Bark & Co, a company that is dedicated to building products that foster the health and happiness of dogs everywhere.