As our startup grows, we are looking for a senior backend engineer to join our extremely talented technical team. The right candidate will be an analytical and articulate individual who is a highly skilled software engineer, with total understanding of the methodology of delivering products in a real time, big data environment. This role can be based out of our office in NYC or in Raleigh, NC.
We’re looking for someone who loves what they do. You can demonstrate clear mastery of one (or several) languages. You’ll work in a busy environment, helping both the product and engineering teams conceptualize and deliver on design specifications. You’ll help mentor and drive the engineering team to solve complex problems in a dynamic environment. You will be given lots of responsibility, lots of freedom, big and fun problems to solve and help and advice when you want it from a team that enjoys working together.
• Work with engineering team to implement our product strategy.
• Understand the current architectural landscape and work with the team to create a technical roadmap to support the the product and company vision.
• Help design and engineer the architecture for scalability, high availability, performance, flexibility, operational efficiency, security and maintainability (20K data req/s). Requires deep collaboration across the team.
• Proactively offer options for features/improvements, and recognize potential growth bottlenecks before they become issues.
• Evaluate and select appropriate technologies, and be happy to defend those decisions.
• Lead by example and help build consensus across technology and products.
• Initiate standards, guidelines and best practices.
• Ideally degree qualified in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Expert knowledge of Java, Python or Ruby.
• Expert knowledge of standard development tools (e.g. subversion, git).
• Strong understanding of OO languages and and OO paradigm.
• Strong understanding of design patterns.
• Experience with unit testing and/or quality assurance engineering.
• Excellent knowledge of systems architectures.
• Experience in agile development methodology would be advantageous.
• Good written and oral English.
Jirafe grows revenues for retailers through Commerce-tailored analytics. In the last three years over ten thousand merchants started using Jirafe to make data driven marketing and merchandising decisions. Our customers know who buys, what sells and how to grow their business. We have found the best informed retailers are the most successful retailers.