PostBeyond is seeking a top-notch, self-directed Back-End Engineer with a desire to build innovative and exciting web applications. The Engineering Team at PostBeyond is responsible for our Advocacy Marketing platform that delivers a personalized content engine for groups of advocates to share with their personal social networks. In this role, you will work with a team of engineers to design and develop our proprietary applications. We’ve launched a modern platform that makes it easy for us to experiment, test and ship new features. Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented and passionate about performance and usability.
You are a software engineer who can write server-side code for web-based applications, for both internal and external use. You are comfortable and enjoy working on the full development stack – both backend and frontend. You are also a well-rounded developer who knows how to create robust high-volume production applications, and can develop prototypes quickly. The work is challenging, fast paced and always changing. Strong analytical skills, unwavering commitment to quality, collaborative work ethic, and cutting edge coding skills are all required. You should love working with new, top-notch technologies, live and breathe the fundamentals of Python, Object-oriented programming paradigm, be passionate about writing clean, modular and debuggable code, understand importance of documentation. Be self-driven and eager to learn new technologies.
- Building next-generation advocacy platform with a focus on the backend side and performance.
- Creating simple, clean code to power new product features, as well as refactoring and improving existing code
- The on-going challenge of evolving our stack as request and data volumes grow larger and larger every month
- You will be working across our stack with technologies like Python, MySQL, Redis, Puppet and more
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Expert knowledge of building web apps (back end)
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for business logic
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MS degree or PhD in Computer Science
- Extensive experience programming in C, C++, Java.
- Experience in distributed computing, information retrieval, data mining, and machine learning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to create strong working relationship with cross-functional teams.
At PostBeyond, we’re dedicated to solving problems in communications. Ivan Tsarynny (co-founder), coming from a background at Dale Carnegie and various training and communications companies, always thought that employees are a company’s most valuable assets. This is why he started an employee engagement & advocacy software company. Employees add to the bottom line in various ways, and frankly, they ARE the company. Now what if you empowered these employees on social media, considering that collectively they have a much wider reach than any brand channel? This passion for people and business communications turned into a software company with dozens of clients and thousands of users. PostBeyond’s platform enables employees and partners to post approved brand content to their personal networks in an efficient, consistent, and measurable way.