Maintaining the Asulia brand and upholding it to our high standards is always of the utmost importance. The Graphic Design Intern works to create content that creatively portrays our brand and analyzes all work to ensure that brand standards are considered in any print and online publications and other materials.
Major responsibilities include
- Create graphics and content. You will provide content for the website, social media and also continually offer suggestions for improvement to our web design and UI/UX to ensure that both our internal dashboard and public-facing marketing site are well-designed and easy to navigate.
- Assist our marketing and events team. You will be responsible for creating designs to be used for events, partnership documents and promotional material. You will have ownership of all design needs and create materials ranging from online posters, booklets, advertisements, etc.
- Help with all design needs across different departments. Designs include infographics, wall graphics, entrance displays, possible packaging design etc. Asulia is continually updating designs and creating new materials, so your skills will be put to use to improve these and provide inventive materials.
Desired Skills & Background
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in WordPress
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and background – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with printing companies
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Seeking college credit
General expectations of all applicants
- You are committed to success and will take this opportunity seriously.
- Ideally you can commit 20 hours per week, we require a commitment of at least 15 hours per week.
- You are excited about and also share the belief of Asulia that “nutrition and education changes lives”
- You will thrive on being at a startup and take advantage of opportunities given to you during your internship.
- You can work effectively in a startup environment with relatively little structure.
- You are independent, biased to action, resourceful, and willing to learn while doing.
- You are well-versed in technology: We use: Macs, PCs, Microsoft Office, HootSuite, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc.), Survey Monkey, and Eventbrite
You don’t need to be an expert in all of these platforms — but you need to be competent enough with technology to learn new software quickly.
All Asulia internships are unpaid. We invest our time and energy to supporting our interns to ensure your success with Asulia and beyond. We want to help you discover your full potential!
About Asulia Foods
We're vegetable obsessed! Asulia makes all natural, handcrafted fusion plant-based foods packed with nutrient-dense veggies, superfoods, and flavor. A portion of profits goes to Room to Read, which supports girls' education in developing countries.