The PR Intern will create pitches and press releases. Ideal applicants are individuals with strong writing and critical thinking backgrounds that seek to hone their skills in professional writing, PR, and marketing.
- PR interns actively communicate with outside parties. You must have very strong interpersonal skills and people skills!
- Research, write and submit tailored press releases and pitches to media
- Organize editorial requests
- Be in constant communication with publications, etc…
- Create a PR database and consistently update contact information
- Attend and assist on photo shoots
- Actively send responses and follow up
- File records and engage in database research
- Compile a list of targeted publications and mail them frequently and may have to follow up with a phone call
- Must be a junior or senior of a college/university in good academic standing (at least 3.0 GPA)
- This internship is available for college credit only
- You must be highly motivated and energetic
- Thrive in a startup environment
- Be able to work independently
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills and tact also help in this field
- Candidates with experience and/or relevant coursework are preferred
- Marketing/PR students are preferred!
General expectations of all applicants
- You are committed to success and will take this opportunity seriously.
- Ideally you can commit 15 hours per week, we require a commitment of at least 10 hours per week.
- You are excited about and also share the belief of Asulia that “nutrition and education changes lives”
- You will thrive on being at a startup and take advantage of opportunities given to you during your internship.
- You can work effectively in a startup environment with relatively little structure.
- You are independent, biased to action, resourceful, and willing to learn while doing.
- You are well-versed in technology: We use: Macs, PCs, Microsoft Office, HootSuite, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc.), Survey Monkey, and Eventbrite
You don’t need to be an expert in all of these platforms — but you need to be competent enough with technology to learn new software quickly.
About Asulia Foods
We're vegetable obsessed! Asulia makes all natural, handcrafted fusion plant-based foods packed with nutrient-dense veggies, superfoods, and flavor. A portion of profits goes to Room to Read, which supports girls' education in developing countries.