MOO’s success so far is thanks to our design-led philosophy – creating beautiful, high-quality products with a delightful customer experience. Of course our playful personality and unique tone of voice has shaped MOO into a much-loved brand along the way. As we continue to grow, we’re looking for an Associate Creative Director with a design background, who loves good copy just as much to join our Boston Creative team.
Reporting to the Head of Design (in London), you will be responsible for directing and leading a small team made up of designers and artworkers. While you’ll need to be a natural at managing, mentoring, inspiring, growing and motivating others you’ll also be hands on, developing innovative concepts and executing beautiful design alongside your team.
You’ll be tasked with helping to drive the creative standards of your team in conjunction with the London-based Creative team and developing these standards across print and digital, working with all areas of the company. You’ll have a real passion for design and communication, and a genuine desire to do brilliant work! Your time management skills and general organisational skills will be the envy of all those around you too!
- Lead a small team (designers and artworkers) and refine their personal and professional skills – continually striving to develop them and to make them better than they already are!
- Responsible for the design and production of graphic design across multiple platforms.
- Working with the Head of Copy (in London), review and direct copy.
- Responsible for working with internal clients to deliver requirements on time and in line with the brand style.
- Use a good awareness of design processes to question and challenge design briefs and solve design problems.
- Promote strategic thinking and commercial awareness.
- Be aware of current design trends and attitudes to help inspire the team.
- Understanding peripheral processes, i.e. print, interactive and mobile platforms.
- Work closely with the Studio Manager to prioritise workloads.
- 8+ years industry experience – ideally a mix of agency and (like) brand experience.
- Must have demonstrable experience working across print, digital and video.
- Must have experience successfully overseeing, managing and directing a team.
- Versatile and open minded.
- Exceptional time management.
- Meticulous crafting and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Dedicated and passionate about design.
- Loves discipline of identity and branding.
- Proactive, self motivated and a team player.
- Happy to challenge the status quo with a view of making creative output as strong as possible.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and all Microsoft Office software.
- Recognised design degree.
Lastly, we want to see your portfolio showing us your amazing work! We want to see work that show’s off your conceptual design skills, your love of typography, appreciation for copy and most of all your commercial awareness. In some cases – we’d love to see concepts through to execution, what you did and how you got there.
MOO is an award-winning online print business. We are passionate about great design and the difference it can make to our customers and the world. Founded in 2004, MOO aims to disrupt the $640 billion global print industry by combining the values of professional design with the accessibility and reach of the web: making great design available to all.