WCBS-TV / WLNY-TV currently has an opening for an Assignment Editor.
- Helping to generate, research and assign news stories to reporters, photographers and editors on a daily basis to ensure timely and consistent coverage of local news
- Make outgoing phone calls to set up news stories and gather accurate information from multiple agencies for broadcast and online use
- Monitoring scanners and emergency service agencies
- Taking incoming calls and determining news worthiness
- Assigning editing duties and rolling feed tape numerous times each day
- Maintaining regular and predictable attendance
Bachelor’s or technical degree in broadcast journalism or related field.
3-5 years of experience preferred with a minimum of 1 year as an Assignment Editor at a medium/large market television station.
Experience with Avid iNews computer system preferred.
Ability to work on multiple tasks under deadline.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively and professionally with newsroom personnel and the public.
About CBS Local
CBS Local launched in 2012. CBS Local Digital Media personalizes the global reach of CBS-owned and operated television and radio stations with a local perspective.