- Want to provoke positive responses with the work you produce. You need to be kept busy, to juggle various sizes of projects and diverse needs. You speak up when you have a strong opinion; you listen when you don’t.
- Have a meticulous eye — typography, color, dimension. You’re able to string together photography, graphic design, and video to create simple, straightforward campaigns on a regular basis. You have an excellent grasp of social media, and naturally think across many different media while putting together an idea.
- Understand that there are details too small to invest in. You’re not a perfectionist or an artist: you work within a scope to create brilliant ideas. You’re willing to splurge when possible, but equally willing to keep a tight budget if necessary.
- Conceptualize and design proposals for cross-channel marketing campaigns and present proposals to stakeholders
- Direct and manage junior marketing designers, freelancers, and interns on execution of campaigns and day-to-day marketing needs
- Collaborate with teams including Product Design, Motion Graphics, and Engineering on design execution
- Understand and create design solutions within our brand guidelines
- Commission freelance artists, photographers, and other specialists to work on projects
- B.A. or higher in advertising, graphic design, interactive design, or other design-related program
- 3+ years of hands-on art direction experience in editorial or advertising/branding agency environment; experience with brand development a plus
- Expert or advanced skills with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign); familiarity with current web standards, social-media best practices, and paid media development
- Highly organized; able to estimate project effort levels, handle scheduling commitments, and meet deadlines without fail
- Positive manager and team player with clear communication skills and the ability to cultivate solid relationships with team members across the company
About General Assembly
At General Assembly, we are creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century – from web development and user experience design, to business fundamentals, to data science, to product management and digital marketing. Established in early 2011 as an innovative community in New York City for entrepreneurs and startup companies, General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at fourteen campuses across four continents.