We’re looking for a devops engineer to help us maintain and scale the appFigures infrastructure. As a devops engineer you’ll be responsible for caring for and feeding our servers, monitoring them, and scaling the infrastructure as we grow. Like every member of the appFigures team, you’ll also be involved in making decisions about product development and the user experience.
We run a combination of self-hosted servers and cloud instances running mostly on Linux. Some of our servers are also Windows machines.
- Scaling our physical and cloud infrastructure as the platform grows.
- Developing and improving our monitoring and reporting system.
- Automating everything.
- Participating in high level design decisions about the appFigures platform.
- Fixing bugs or other issues quickly.
- Working with a team of intelligent developers who are passionate about the platform and web serving.
- Hands on experience in some combination of engineering/building systems/test automation.
- Experience coding in Python or Node.
- Solid troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Experience with physical servers as well as cloud providers (AWS, Rackspace, etc.).
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools. Solid understanding of web and data serving (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, Linux, security, hardening, encryption standards, DDoS mitigation)
- Hands-on experience with server-side development and deployment (Python, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, Redis, Memcached)
What Wouldn’t Hurt:
- Experience with managing Windows servers
- An interest in working in a rapidly-growing environment and helping us create a strong devops culture.
One of the reasons we started appFigures was to create a place where we would love to work. That’s why we sweat the small details to bring every team member some of the best, most thought-out benefits around:
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-tax transit benefits, subsidized gym memberships and excellent discounts on hundreds of other well-known services and products
- Plenty of paid time-off and work-from-home days
- Awesome work station with multiple monitors and all the gadgets you need, even a 3D printer
- Fully stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and drinks
- Personal project days
- Weekly catered lunches, Whiskey Fridays and, since we like to celebrate our accomplishments, parties for employees and members
Please send your resume and work samples to email@example.com.
appFigures is a reporting platform for mobile app developers that brings together all of your app store sales, ad data, worldwide reviews, and hourly rank updates into one intuitive and informative reporting solution.