At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform helps today’s software-defined businesses proactively monitor, manage and optimize the most complex software environments. All in real time, and all in production. With cloud and on-premise deployment flexibility, AppDynamics works and partners with many of the world’s most innovative companies. With over 2,000 high profile and global customers, and year over year growth above 150%, we are disrupting the multi-billion dollar Application Intelligence market.
AppDynamics is headquartered in San Francisco and is expanding globally. Founded in 2008 and led by proven innovators, AppDynamics has rock solid funding from top tier venture capital firms including: Greylock, Lightspeed, Kleiner Perkins and IVP.
You are the kind of engineer that likes developing distributed platforms and services that scale to handle billions of requests. You have a passion for service oriented platforms, rich metadata and graph models, scalability, availability and performance, and are excited to join AppDynamics to build the next great Application Intelligence platform. You also have:
- 2-4 years of experience developing highly scalable distributed platforms and services
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Java, Scala, C++, a strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and a strong understanding of threads, synchronization, concurrent programming
- Experience shipping multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments
- Experience with developing scalable platforms with distributed systems technologies like Kafka, ZooKeeper, HazelCast, Cassandra, Redis, and protocols like Google Protocol Buffers, Thrift
- Experience with developing scalable platforms with relational databases like MySQL
- Experience designing and developing elegant, simple and effective services that are RESTful
It is a huge plus if you have:
- Experience with graph databases like Neo4J, Titan
- Experience with infrastructure and systems engineering
- Experience deploying and scaling platforms on AWS
- Experience with deployment, configuration, provisioning tools automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker
About the Role
The metadata services platform powers AppDynamics’ Application Intelligence Platform. It handles billions of requests and manages rich metadata and graph models in a scalable and highly available service oriented platform. It is the source of application metadata for performance monitoring and troubleshooting, policy evaluation, workflow automation, data visualization, correlation and slice & dice data analysis. Come join the Platform team and build the world’s next great Application Intelligence Platform. The engineers in this team have a passion for solving complex problems, designing object data models to represent complex application data, and building infinitely scalable and highly available platforms. They understand the importance of data collected from every application and component in a software defined business environment – web, mobile, server, infrastructure, hardware, in enabling the most advanced and effective business and IT decision making.
We know that the award winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- 100% paid for benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Choose Your Benefit Program, offering monthly allowance of $65 USD to use toward a personal enrichment benefit of choice
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Flexible hours (we won’t make you leave your warm bed too early)
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown SF, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station, as well as pre-tax commuter benefits
- Building offers close lunch destinations, a 24-hour Fitness gym, and weekly Farmers market