At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform helps today’s software-defined businesses proactively monitor, manage and optimize the most complex software environments. All in real time, and all in production. With cloud and on-premise deployment flexibility, AppDynamics works and partners with many of the world’s most innovative companies. With over 2,000 high profile and global customers, and year over year growth above 150%, we are disrupting the multi-billion dollar Application Intelligence market.
AppDynamics is headquartered in San Francisco and is expanding globally. Founded in 2008 and led by proven innovators, AppDynamics has rock solid funding from top tier venture capital firms including: Greylock, Lightspeed, Kleiner Perkins and IVP.
First and foremost, you have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure, startup environment. You have proven analytical and problem-solving skills as well as customer-facing skills. You also have:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Programming
- M.S. degree or equivalent technical training or industry experience is preferred
- Extensive hands on development with J2EE and/or .Net frameworks like Struts, Servlets, Spring, EJB, Hibernate, .Net 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0
- 8+ years of experience working on distributed enterprise software products
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or sales engineer
- Strong project management skills
- Good understanding of strategic sales process
About the Role
We are looking for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to assist strategic customers with deployment and configuration activities and, following the initial rollout, help drive adoption of AppDynamics in their organization, including technical assistance, knowledge transfer, APM solution and technology evangelism, integration, migration and customization assistance. The TAM will be a single point of contact providing valuable guidance to AppDynamics customers around performance optimization of their applications, application infrastructure, and operations. The TAM is expected to have recent coding experience in either J2EE or .Net, as he or she will be working hands-on with the AppDynamics product as well as the customer’s application stack. The TAM will also be a technical account owner, building and maintaining long-term relationships with customers by understanding their business goals/pain areas and advising AppDynamics can be leveraged to resolve these problems.
The TAM will act as a Customer Advisor and primary liaison with AppDynamics and will be accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues that maybe arise. They will coordinate resources across the AppDynamics organization, when necessary, working closely with Enterprise Architects, Enablement Solution Engineers, and Customer Success Engineers. TAMs will focus on expanding AppDynamics platform adoption and standardization within customer accounts, driving relationships at every level internally and externally to advocate AppDynamics technology and influence change. In addition to these activities, TAMs will be responsible for reporting, providing status reports to customers and providing key metrics and insight to internal AppDynamics teams as needed. Responsibilities include:
- Provide hands-on assistance with deployment and configuration activities to strategic customers as needed
- Provide project leadership for the customers to drive adoption of AppDynamics in their organization
- Ensure / track full deployment of AppDynamics product in the customer environment
- Design and develop innovative solutions to integrate AppDynamics in their environment and make it a part of their day-to-day operations
- Provide knowledge transfer to customers on the best practices of usage and configuration
- Build deep technical expertise on the product and the application stacks and use those skills to address customer issues as needed
- Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to AppDynamics product management teams based on customer requirements
- Help document best practices in developing and deploying AppDynamics in customer environments
- Function as a front-line technical resource for best practices and informal customer questions for key accounts
We know that the award winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- 100% paid for benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Choose Your Benefit Program, offering monthly allowance of $65 USD to use toward a personal enrichment benefit of choice
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Flexible hours (we won’t make you leave your warm bed too early)
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown SF, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station, as well as pre-tax commuter benefits
- Building offers close lunch destinations, a 24-hour Fitness gym, and weekly Farmers Market
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.