Skills and Qualifications
You have at least 3+ years of professional Android development experience. Web development experience is a plus.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of Android developers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least one Android app in the Play Store.
- You have fluency in the following topics: Java, Android SDK, Android Studio, JSON/REST APIs, SQL, Git, Material Design, and the Google Play Store submission process.
- You are on top of mobile trends and love explaining architecture
- You have previous Android development or engineering teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- 2 weeks of planning and curriculum development followed by 12 full work weeks (5 days a week) of teaching, planning and content development.
- Work closely with two – three co-instructors to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff in order to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through the development of stellar projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of turning their ideas into actual Android app.
About General Assembly
At General Assembly, we are creating a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work they love, by offering full-time immersive programs, long-form courses, and classes and workshops on the most relevant skills of the 21st century – from web development and user experience design, to business fundamentals, to data science, to product management and digital marketing. Established in early 2011 as an innovative community in New York City for entrepreneurs and startup companies, General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at fourteen campuses across four continents.