We’re a large scale, consumer brand looking for a seasoned Android engineer to help us build our next generation Android applications. You are super smart and have an insatiable hunger for learning new things and improving existing ones. You have a strong desire to make the world a better place and writing good code makes you happy. You will develop mobile experiences that impact our customers by working closely with other smart, dedicated engineers, designers, and product managers. You are expected to write robust, maintainable code that performs well across a range of devices. You’ll help us make our mobile apps even better, whether it`s implementing new features, improving performance, or making sure that the user interface is top-notch.
BeenVerified creates mobile and web-based products focused on helping people discover, understand, and use public data in their everyday lives. Our products support over a million active users and we are leading the industry in innovative and creative ways. This senior engineer will support our mission by translating it into the design, architecture and development of our Android applications. Many of the applications we’re working on are already shipping to millions of users so you need to be able to create bullet-proof, world-class code that works right the first time and every time.
We believe in diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and walks of life (it makes our company parties more exciting!). You must be energetic, inventive, a team player and looking to help build and grow the company each and every day. You must have an inner desire to win and the idea of losing is a non-starter. Please note, if you need direct supervision or constant instructions on what to do next, this position probably isn’t for you. However, if you are looking for a position that allows you to work with a group of smart and dedicated people who will support you but still provide the autonomy you need to execute your strategy, then you should probably apply as soon as you’re done reading this!
- Develop applications for Android phones and tablets running the Android OS
- Rapidly realize compelling end user application experiences with short deadlines
- Work with the team to troubleshoot and debug existing application software
- Optimize UI and application code for efficiency, reusability and performance
- Rigorously educate yourself with the latest development techniques and best practices
- Implement new digital technologies or development techniques that help to meet business objectives
Desired Skills And Experience
- 3+ years experience developing rich Android consumer facing apps
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Expert level experience with the Android SDK
- Experience with Android Native App Development (NDK)
- Expert Java and C/C++ programmer
- Strong object-oriented and architectural skills
- Experience with Git
- Experience in publishing an Android app to Google Play
- Knowledge of all major mobile platforms
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- A portfolio of fast, usable, well architected Android apps in the Play Store is a plus
- Experience with iOS application development a big plus!
- Prior startup experience would be awesome!
Additional Skills Appreciated but Not Required
- You can handle your own at ping pong
- You have a strong opinion on the types of swag the company should be wearing
- You enjoy building your own work setup (Mac/PC, big screens, Aerons, etc.) and getting the latest in tech gadgetry
BeenVerified's mission is to help people discover, understand, and use public data in their everyday lives.We're democratizing access to public records that were traditionally expensive and hard to access.